Astrea is a dynamic new law firm based in Belgium, established in 2006. It employs some 25 experienced lawyers, specialising in labour law, mergers and acquisitions, environmental law and corporate law.
Even as a new business, Astrea began dealing with very high profile cases very quickly, so rapid client contact was extremely important. In turn, its clients needed to be in constant contact with Astrea throughout the duration of their cases. What’s more, the new technology had to be highly secure and highly reliable, whilst enabling Astrea to grow.
Nortel provided Astrea with the Nortel Business Communications Manager 50 because it offered the rapid and highly reliable IP telephony the law firm required. In addition, Astrea coupled the Nortel IP Phone 2002 with the flexible Nortel Business Series Terminal T7316E .Two Nortel Business Ethernet Switch 120s with Power over Ethernet route calls internally and to remote workers. For additional functionality, a Nortel Business Access Point 120 enables highly secure wireless communications for laptops accessing the local area network and Internet.
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Telephone communications that the firm and its clients can trust
- The ability to replace a traditional reception with a pool of five secretaries, including one remote worker
- Highly secure mobile and wireless communications
- Scalability to add new users, supporting its rapid growth
- Deployment in under five hours