Tamura * is a world-class manufacturer of high quality electronic components for the global industrial, telecommunications and consumer markets, operating in 60 countries around the world.
Tamura Europe had taken a strategic decision to expand both its field of operations and its product range. And with a corporate culture founded on the belief that business should be conducted in real time, employees were encouraged to pick up the phone to talk to counterparts elsewhere. But as a global operation the cost of those calls was considerable, and as plans for expansion were implemented, costs were set to grow further still.
Nortel provided Tamura with the Business Communications Manager (BCM) 400 for its sites in the UK and the Czech Republic. To ensure seamless connectivity with the company's sites in France and Sweden, Tamura chose the BCM 50 , Locations in China, Hong Kong and Malaysia were incorporated into the IP telephony network through the deployment of IP Phone 2004 s.
Results & Benefits
- Cost-effective IP telephony, enabling mobile sales, logistics and purchasing staff to maintain in constant contact with the business
- Installation of pre-configured BCM devices to ensure the system was fully operational in just two days
- An average saving on voice spend of 69.2% per month at the French site, and 67.4% at the Czech site, meaning the solution will have paid for itself in under a year
- Intelligent routing to ensure that calls take the most cost-effective route over the PSTN
- Flexibility for agile expansion through easy unlocking of extra applications and straightforward adds, moves and changes