• Microsoft Outlook
• Novell GroupWise
• Lotus Notes
Internet Mail Clients
• Microsoft Outlook Express
• Outlook 2003 in Internet mail mode
• Netscape messenger
• Netscape Mail
• Qualcomm Eudora Pro Instant Messaging
• Windows MSN-Messenger
• MCS 5100 client
Call Pilot FAQ
Does CallPilot require any software be loaded on the e-mail server?
No, CallPilot does not require any software be installed on the e-mail server. CallPilot performs message integration at the desktop. This means that voice and fax message will remain available if the e-mail server becomes disabled.
Which e-mail and Web mail clients are supported by CallPilot?
CallPilot provides the most extensive support for client environments in the industry. CallPilot supports Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook Internet Mail, Netscape, and Qualcomm Eudora Pro.
Can Mailbox owners be notified of messages when they are off-site via telephone or pager?
Yes, CallPilot provides a variety of notification options, including PDAs, pagers, RIM devices, and cellular phones. Notification options can be configured by the user by through an intuitive Web user interface called My CallPilot.
Does CallPilot provide user mailbox administration through a Web browser?
Yes, My CallPilot allows users to manage their personal mailbox settings, distribution lists, passwords, notification options, and more.
How many distribution lists can each user have?
Each user can create up to 99 personal distribution lists. Each distribution list can support up to 200 addresses.
How are fax messages delivered?
Users can receive and send fax messages from their CallPilot multimedia mailbox. Fax messages can be delivered in one of three ways:
- A Direct Inward Dial (DID) number which is associated with a multimedia mailbox
- A DID number which is used for faxes only
- A DID number that is associated with a fax auto attendant
With CallPilot fax messaging, can users create customized cover sheets and send batch faxes?
Absolutely! Administrators can create company fax cover sheets and distribute them to their users. Two generic templates are provided with the system but administrators can add a company logo or other company specific information for a truly unique cover sheet. Additionally, users can send faxes to multiple recipients using CallPilot's broadcast fax feature.
Can users call the sender of an e-mail or voice message?
Yes, users can call the sender of a voice or e-mail message by clicking an icon on their desktop. CallPilot will automatically display the caller's telephone number (if available) or the user can simply enter the telephone number and make the call. This is a great time saver!
Can administrators block the distribution of messages outside of an organization?
Yes, administrators can block the distribution of messages.
Is CallPilot supported in a Citrix thin client environment?
Yes, CallPilot is supported in a thin client environment. The CallPilot desktop messaging software can be deployed on a Citrix Metaframe terminal server that is accessible by Citrix desktop users.
Does CallPilot provide unified messaging capabilities to Macintosh users?
Yes, CallPilot provides a Web messaging interface for Macintosh users.
Does CallPilot provide support for Linux users?
Yes, CallPilot provides a Web messaging interface for Linux Mozilla and Firefox users.
Does CallPilot provide hands-free access to messages using speech recognition?
Absolutely, with CallPilot Speech Activated Messaging (SAM). Users can access their messages by using spoken commands. This can be extremely helpful while driving so that users can keep their eyes and hands on the wheel, instead of entering commands on a telephone keypad.
Will CallPilot allow users to check their e-mail via a telephone?
Yes, CallPilot provides e-mail by phone using text-to-speech technology. Users can scroll through their e-mail using spoken or touch pad commands, and listen to important e-mail. This is especially useful for workers who spend a lot of time away from the office.
Does CallPilot integrate with other voice messaging systems?
Yes, CallPilot supports Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) and Audio Messaging Interchange Specification (AMIS) networking capabilities. This allows CallPilot to send voice and fax messages between analog and digital messaging systems.
Can CallPilot be set up to network with branch offices?
Yes, CallPilot can be configured to provide centralized messaging services to branch offices through a feature called Network Message Service (NMS). Additionally, Names-Across-The-Network can be used to make the network look more transparent to users.
How does CallPilot handle caller services, such as auto attendant and fax on demand?
The CallPilot Application Builder provides a drag-and-drop graphical user interface for creating services such as auto attendant, voice menus, and fax-on-demand. Fax-on-demand allows a caller to obtain information in fax format. The fax information is stored in CallPilot and is sent, on request, to the caller's fax device. Each Application Builder configuration can be saved, for use at a later date, or portions can be re-used in new configurations.
Can the CallPilot system be administered remotely?
Yes, the CallPilot Manager Web interface allows administrators access to their CallPilot system from any location with an Internet browser. Administrators can add users, re-set passwords, access system reports, perform maintenance tasks, and more.
What types of management reports are available with CallPilot?
CallPilot Reporter provides over 50 pre-defined reporting options. Administrators can generate reports and graphs on performance, networking, outcalling, multimedia, messaging activity, bill-back, and various alerts.
How is event and alarm monitoring handled?
Events and alarms can be monitored directly on the CallPilot system or it can be set up to forward SNMP traps to an up stream management device. Remote notification can also be configured to notify an administrator via pager or telephone when critical or major alarms occur.
What types of security features are available with CallPilot?
There are a variety of security features available with CallPilot unified messaging, including password restrictions and suppression, reporting to identify unauthorized use, restricted auto log-on, name dialing restrictions, and a search tool to locate insecure or inactive mailboxes.
What operating system is provided with the CallPilot server?
CallPilot 4.0 utilizes Windows 2003 Server as its base operating system.
Will Meridian Mail migrate to CallPilot?
Yes, Meridian Mail mailbox only or mailbox and messages migration options are available. Symposium Call Center Server prompt-only migration is also available. In fact, there is a special marketing program that also allows for migrating Meridian Mail features and RTUs to CallPilot at no-charge. This offer is scheduled to expire on December 30, 2005, so take advantage of this special offer while it is still available. For more information on the Meridian Mail Investment Protection Program, contact your Nortel Networks distributor or call 1-800-4Nortel. Below is an overview of the Meridian Mail Investment Protection Program:
- Offers investment protection by migrating "Right-To-Use" (RTUs) keycode features and capacities
- Nortel exchanges Meridian Mail software RTUs for the CallPilot equivalent:
- Receive equivalent software options: Networking, NMS, and Fax
- Receive 1 CallPilot voice channel for every port of Meridian Mail
- Receive 70 voice seats for every full service port of Meridian Mail
- Receive 20 free Desktop Messaging sets as a bonus!
- Requires Meridian Mail be returned to Nortel Networks within two months
CallPilot Mini is a voicemail/Unified Messaging solution for small businesses using Meridian 1 Option 11C and Meridian 1 Option 11C Mini PBX phone systems, offering a choice between voice messaging only, or unified messaging with on-screen access to both voicemail and e-mail. CallPilot Mini supports up to 200 voice mailboxes and up to 100 unified messaging desktops.
- Offers a choice between voice messaging only, or unified messaging with on-screen access to both voicemail and e-mail.
- Supports up to 200 voice mailboxes and up to 100 unified messaging desktops.
- Has up to 59 hours of storage in base system, expandable to 82 hours.
- Offers Network connectivity to other AMIS and VPIM-compliant messaging systems via optional software activation.
- Is IP-enabled with 10/100 Ethernet port for system administration, maintenance, and unified messaging.
Features & Benefits
- CallPilot User Interface
- Customer Call Routing (Voice Menus)
- CallPilot Manager - Web Based Administration
- Personal Mailbox Manager
- Broadcast Messaging
Call Answering Features:
- Standard Greeting
- Up to 3 Personalized Greetings per mailbox (CLID Based)
- Temporary Absence Greeting w/ optional Message Blocking
- Mark Message Private or Urgent
- Revert to Personal or System Attendant
- Outbound Transfer
- Information Mailboxes
Login and Message Review Features:
- Message Delete, Undelete, and Save
- Message Next/Previous
- Playback Pause/Continue
- Skip Forward/Backward within Message
- Volume Control
- Message Envelope
- Message Call Sender
- Message Compose
- Message Forward
Remote Notification Features:
- New vs. Urgent
- Phone or Pager destination
- Ability to turn on/off
- Time-of-Day Control
- Supports up to 5 targets
- Desktop Messaging
- AMIS/VPIM Networking
- Expansion to 82 hours storage
- First affordable Unified Messaging system for 100 users or less
- Part of the CallPilot family of products
- Small size: 8"x13"x2"
- Wall or Desk-mounted
- Frees up Slot 10 in the Option 11C Mini and Option 11C
- Does not require Expansion Cabinet to add messaging to the Option 11C Mini
- Simple to install and expand
CallPilot Mini release 1.6 has 8 voice ports equipped as a standard. These ports connect to 8 digital line card circuits in the Option 11C Mini or Option 11C. The technical specifications for CallPilot Mini are as follows:
- One single base package for simplified ordering
- 8 Ports
- 160 Hours of Storage
- 20 Voice Mailboxes
- 20 Desktop Messaging Seats
- 2 Prompt Languages per system
- Powered by 9 VCD external AC adapter
- Additional voice mailboxes available in increments of 5, 20, 50, 75 and 100
- Additional desktop messaging seats available in increments of 5, 20, 50 and 75
|Unified Messaging Seats:
|CCR Trees (Voice Menus):
|CCR Levels per Tree:
|Simultaneous Network Sessions:
AMIS and VPIM compliant
Option 11C Mini and Option 11C with X11 release 22 or higher software.
CallPilot Mini meets the IEC 950 and CISPR22 Class B regulatory requirements.
Available Languages (Max. 2 installed):
- English (Australian)
- English (Irish)
- English (North American)
- English (UK)
- French (Canadian)
- French (Euro)
- Mandarin (PRC)
- Mandarin (Taiwan)
- Norwegian (Bokmal)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Spanish (Euro)
- Spanish (Latin American)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Supported Unified Messaging Environments:
Client Operating Systems:
- Windows 95B
- Windows 98 SE
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Professional
- Win NT 4.0 SP6a
Groupware Email Clients:
- Microsoft Outlook 98 (Corporate Mode)
- Microsoft Outlook 2000
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP)
- Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Lotus Notes - 4.6x
- Lotus Notes - 5.0
- Lotus Notes - 6.0
- Lotus Notes - 6.5
- GroupWise - 5.5
- GroupWise - 6.0
- GroupWise - 6.5
Internet Mail Clients:
- Microsoft Outlook Express - 5.0
- Microsoft Outlook Express - 6.0
- Microsoft Outlook 98 (Internet Mail Mode)
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 (Internet Mail Mode)
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) (Internet Mail Mode)
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Internet Mail Mode)
- Netscape - 6.2x
- Netscape - 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
- Qualcomm Eudora Pro - 5.x
- Qualcomm Eudora Pro - 6.0
- Qualcomm Eudora Pro - 6.1
- Citrix® Metaframe 1.8 on Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server or Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Citrix® MetaFrame XP on Windows 2000 Server / Windows 2003 Server (All Editions)